Thursday 22 October 2009

An Important Milestone!

I got my first rejection letter (or e-mail, rather) today. From Poetry magazine. It went a little something like this;

"We're not going to be able to keep anything from this submission, we're sorry to say. Thank you, though, for letting us have a chance with your work."

That's a lot less words than what I submitted! But honestly, I feel perfectly fine about it. It was a complete and utter long shot, the idea of my very first submission to any magazine or literary journal being picked up by Poetry Magazine is pretty incalculable. But at least now I can say I gave it a try. I've started on my way to getting published and, despite the fact that it culminated in rejection, I feel a lot more confident about trying again. Surely the first 'no' is the hardest one to receive?

Actually, strike that last comment. I may change my mind after a few more months of rejection...

Either way, I better try and get a few more submissions out there!

Until next time, my minimal readership!
Samantha Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment